Do I need a cell signal booster, and will it work for my situation?
How do you know if you need a cell phone signal booster? You can easily determine if a cell phone booster will help you get better reception and stronger signal by asking the following questions:
- While I am inside a building, do I have problems with lost connections, dropped calls, or poor call audio quality, or emails, texts, and voicemails only appearing hours after they were sent?
- Do the problems identified above disappear or improve when I go outside?
If you answered, "yes" to BOTH questions above, a cell signal booster would probably improve the signal coverage in your home or office.
A basic cellular phone signal booster system consists of four components:
- An outside (tower) antenna to receive a signal from the cell tower.
- A signal booster for amplifying the signal.
- An inside (device) antenna to broadcast the amplified signal.
- Coaxial cable to connect the three components.
To find out if a cellular booster is suitable for your situation, try to make a call outside. If the connection can't be completed because of weak signal, move to another outside location.
Once you have found a location where you can make a call successfully, the tower antenna should be placed at that location, on that side of the building. If it is possible to make a call outdoors, chances are that the signal is strong enough for a booster to amplify the signal so that it can be used inside the building.
If you're still not sure if a cell phone booster will help, talk to us. We will be able to quickly determine if a signal booster will help in your situation. You can also read our blog that shows how they work and may help determine which one to buy?