Public Safety DAS Design & Installation Service
Active DAS design and installation service for public safety bands provides emergency responder radio coverage inside buildings.
Why SignalBooster.com for your public safety DAS?
The last thing you should have to worry about in an emergency is whether or not first responders will have adequate coverage to communicate effectively to protect inhabitants. At SignalBooster.com, we understand that safety is your number one priority. Uniquely positioned to provide a comprehensive and turn-key DAS solution for Emergency Radio Responder Coverage (ERRC), we can ensure that your public safety band coverage is always robust and effective under pressure.
Here're 6 reasons to hire SignalBooster.com for DAS-ERRC services:
- Experience: Over the years, our talented team of DAS designers and installers have supported public safety DAS systems in buildings of all shapes and sizes, with some of the most unique and complex challenges standing in our way. Yet we have delivered secure and effective solutions time and again, giving our customers and occupants they are tasked with protecting, the peace of mind they deserve.
- Quality: SignalBooster.com's team has secured ISO 9001:2008, Six Sigma and TL-9000 certifications for our projects and products, meaning that we guarantee high quality deliverables throughout every step of your DAS installation, from design right through implementation.
- Design: As certified iBWave designers, we use the most innovative 3D mapping and planning software so that you can customize every element of your project in real-time. This will empower you to see your entire project in full completion before our team even starts to begin installation.
- OEM Partnerships: The team at SignalBooster.com believes that every customer deserves the highest quality components so that your system runs smoothly and lasts a lifetime. That is why we're not just designing and building your DAS system. We're also highly experienced and certified solutions providers for all major manufacturers, guaranteeing that your project is always built with the most innovative components on the market.
- Project Management: Our highly effective team works in unison to provide you with real-time results. We're adept at coordinating the logistics of your DAS installation at all steps, and can ensure that your project is delivered to meet design objectives on time and within your budget.
- References: Our clients include Holiday Inn, Barnes & Noble, City Of Bellaire, Crane Company, Oilfield Supply Company, Komatsu Mining Corporation, and many others.
When there is an emergency inside a large facility, it is vital that responders have a strong signal in order to communicate and coordinate rescue efforts effectively. Today, having NFP or IFC-compliant public safety and emergency responder coverage is actually a prerequisite for getting an occupancy permit in most jurisdictions.
But before you proceed with implementation of a solution to ensure robust and compliant public safety bands, it is important to understand the process. Only once you have a firm grasp of your fundamental technical needs, industry regulations and impediments you may face during installation and deployment, can you move forward with a strategy for success.
Design, Installation and Maintenance - Your 3 Main Steps.
SignalBooster.com is uniquely qualified to assist with your DAS installation because of our comprehensive knowledge, turn-key solutions and wealth of experience. Furthermore, we can assist with all three main steps of your installation to provide seamless and complete service. Let us review the three main steps now so you can get a better sense of what you need to get started.
First begin by gathering all the facts about the project and design a system that will best meet your objectives. This will ensure that installation stays on budget and on time. It will ensure that you don't run into any unforeseen challenges and cost overruns later on. Planning will include:
- Network coverage and capacity requirements gathering.
- Existing network benchmarking.
- On-site spectrum analysis.
- Capacity planning.
- Technology and product selection.
- Security needs analysis.
A DAS installation has many moving parts and it is integral to keep your team in lock-step and your materials in place where they are needed, when they are needed. You will need a project manager that can keep the project moving seamlessly while performing key functions:
- End-to-end DAS installation.
- Full construction management.
- Head-end equipment installation and testing.
- Macro network optimization.
- Public safety compliance and coordination.
Ensuring public safety is not a one-time proposition. Installation of your DAS system for public safety bands is only the beginning of your responsibility to building occupants. As such, it is critical that you have the support you need to not only design and install your system, but keep it up to code and fully operational at all times too. The SignalBooster.com team can help with maintenance in a number of ways:
- Remote system monitoring, collection and reporting via SNMP.
- System alerts via SMS or email.
- On-site service calls.
- Spares warehousing and RMA processing.
Eight steps to a successful DAS deployment.
Having a firm grasp of the three key pillars of a DAS deployment will simplify the project greatly, but that does not mean it is quite that simple either. Let us expand upon those pillars now and we will show you the eight steps you will need to follow to truly have a successful DAS deployment.
- Project requirements: Before you start designing your DAS system, you have to first have a firm grasp of the scope of the project and your own needs and wants.
- System design: Having determined your parameters, you will now be able to get to work designing and mapping your prospective DAS system.
- Project planning: Now that you have mapped out your design with iBWave, it is time to start planning how you will actually turn your vision into a reality by planning and coordinating the logistics of the project.
- Proposal: If you're sending your project out to bid, it is time to align your project requirements with your Bill of Material and any project documentation, scheduling, budgetary or technical requirements to provide to industry leading vendors.
- Carrier coordination: Getting approval to work with all the major wireless carriers is one of the most important steps in this process. Work with SignalBooster.com to ensure that you adhere to all carrier guidelines for assured approval.
- Logistics: Having gotten approval to begin from the carriers, you now must focus on logistics so that your supply chain model supports seamless and continued work to complete your DAS installation. Kitting of materials, preassembly and staging will help to meet tight scheduling windows.
- System installation and Testing: SignalBooster.com believes that if you're going to install a DAS system, you should be prepared to test it and change it until it meets the specifications requested by our customers. That is why testing and installation are, in our eyes, part of the same step.
- Commissioning and cutover: Even after testing, it is imperative to maintain a relationship with your DAS solutions provider. That way you will always have access to test equipment, last-minute materials, spares and replacement technologies to always keep your public safety band DAS up to code and fully functional.
Designing your DAS for Public Safety Bands.
Leveraging Enterprise iBWave software is a vital step in our design process because it allows the customer to visualize their DAS in real-time and experience first-hand how the project will change based on their suggestions or improvements. This ensures that we will be fully aligned with our customers at all stages of the project, and helps to lay the foundation for a timely and cost-effective installation. But designing your project comes with a whole host of considerations that you need to be aware of.
SignalBooster.com has designed enough public band DAS systems to provide hundreds of millions of additional square feet of coverage capacity around North America already, and our dedicated and skilled design team is ready to help you address your public safety band DAS needs today.
Installation of your Public Safety DAS.
SignalBooster.com has built its legacy on providing superior service, cutting edge solutions and always getting the installation done right. We will install all cables, antennas and active equipment based on our predetermined design and routinely ensure quality control. Our installation team will work closely with you to keep all planning aligned and adhere to all best practices to maintain the integrity of your DAS system.
Understanding Industry Compliance Standards.
Our team has years of experience helping facility managers navigate the complexities of bringing distributed antenna systems up to industry regulation to ensure compliance.
There are many reasons why it is crucial to make sure that the DAS you deploy for your public safety bands is industry compliant. For starters, you must regard the safety of inhabitants as a top priority. Secondly, a failure to comply with industry regulations may result in costly fines, exposure to litigation and could even shut down your operations.
However, compliance standards are set at a local jurisdictional level. As such, you will need to consult with your SignalBooster.com representative to find out more about your specific requirements.
NFPA 72 vs. IFC
The most common standards adopted by local authorities today are NFPA 72 and IFC. While there're granular differences that will require a tailored approach, both sets of guidelines follow a similar set of standards:
- NFPA requires 99 percent coverage in areas listed as being of "vital importance".
- Must be housed in NEMA-4 compliant enclosures.
- Minimum signal strength of -95 dB.
- 24 hours worth of battery backup for DAS equipment.
- Antenna isolation 15 dB higher than the gain of the amplifier.
- Two-hour fire rating for connecting cables.
Major challenges to reaching compliance.
SignalBooster.com can design and install a system tailored to address and overcome the challenges that you face when bringing your facility up to code.
Understanding your regulatory benchmarks is only step one. Now, you have got to actually get to work designing and building your public safety band DAS. By working with our team, you will be able to design and map your system prior to actually doing the work. That way, you will be able to isolate any challenges ahead of time. While nobody likes to run into issues, it isn't uncommon. Among some of the impediments you may face include:
- Energy efficient building materials that decrease radio frequency penetration.
- Building design—lots of halls, doors, flights of stairs and large square footage properties may block and reduce signal strength.
- Position relative to nearby cell towers may lead to weaker signals.
- Many simultaneous phone calls can impede signal.
By mapping out your project using innovative 3D software, you can get a sense for the challenges you're likely to face. This helps cut down on your costs, as well as completion time, so you can get your operations up and running quickly.
Selecting your DAS.
We will customize a distributed antenna system tailored to your needs and specifications using the highest quality equipment in wireless telecommunications industry. After isolating the pain points in your facilities, we will find the right DAS solution to resolve the issue and ensure compliance.
When it comes to selecting the right distributed antenna system for the job, it all comes down to the vulnerabilities revealed in your site assessment. Let us take a look at some of the different types of equipment available for public safety band DAS systems below to help you get a sense of your needs:
- Indoor vs. outdoor antenna systems: Depending on your needs, your antenna system may be best suited to be installed indoors, outdoors, or a combination.
- Omnidirectional vs. directional antenna: Omnidirectional antennas pick up signals in a radius around the atenna. Directional antennas have to be pointed at a tower to enhance coverage. Depending on your location, your needs may vary.
- Vertical vs. horizontal coverage: You will need to think differently about expanding coverage in a stairwell than you would for a lobby. You must assess your needs to determine the specific equipment you’ll need.
Installing and deploying the best DAS for radio communications isn't just about meeting compliance and regulation standards. Nor is it just a savvy business decision. It is about the security of those who live or work in your facilities. For the best results, work with the best in the business, from consulting and design to installation and deployment. We provide Public Safety DAS System Coverage with required NEMA 4 enclosures, battery backup, system monitoring alarm and everything else needed for complete detailed installation that will garner approval for Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).
Being a full-service, turnkey DAS designer, installer, and maintainer, we provide everything from start to finish for a distributed antenna system. With a proven record, we have great rapport with all carrier engineers to ensure approvals. If you build it, they may NOT come. This is the risk you do NOT take with SignalBooster.com. We WILL get the system approved by Carriers. Enjoy a smooth running system that does best what it is designed to do - boost the wireless signals in your facility. Guaranteed.