No need to wait around for 5G to buy a 5G cell phone signal booster. Here're several reasons and considerations why buying a 4G & 5G-E signal booster now instead, makes total sense:
- 5G cell phones will fallback to 4G coverage mode when no 5G signal is detected (just like 4G defaults to 3G when no 4G signal detected). This will happen quite extensively because: A) 5G coverage area is going to be limited to very few cities initially. B) 5G frequencies have much weaker penetration power than 4G frequencies so in-building coverage will mostly fall-back to 4G LTE. Therefore, current 4G signal boosters will continue to help provide needed coverage inside buildings and vehicles.
- 5G will become a reality in most places atleast one year from now and there's no need to go through the frustration of weak signals in your home, office, or car for that long.
- You will not need faster 5G, based on the way you use your phone today. We won't really require the faster data speeds 5G will offer. Today's 4G networks are fast enough for all practical video and music streaming purposes.
- There aren't many compelling reasons to buy a 5G phone yet, anyway. The 4G enabled things we now take for granted already include high-quality video chat, stream movies anywhere, and blazing fast download speeds.
- The current LTE, 4G Advanced or Plus and true 4G frequencies that the cell carriers operate today will continue to be used well into the future for their 4G LTE backup network rendering the current 4G signal boosters very useful for a long time to come.
- No consumer grade "true" 5G signal boosters available in the market today. If you see a consumer 5G booster marketed, it is a gimmick pertaining to "5G E", or 5G Evolution - All 4G boosters we currently carry will work on "5G E" anyway.
- Only an industrial 5G signal booster has been announced in the market, as arriving soon. It requires professional installation by certified installers and explicit permission from respective Carriers such as AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile. Per FCC guidelines, it is not going to be sold in a retail box for end users to install on their own.
- SignalBooster.com will offer generous trade-in discounts for trading in 4G cellular amplifiers purchased from us in exchange for newer consumer "true" 5G consumer grade retail kits, when they become available (not until atleast 1 year from now).
Therefore, go right ahead - we recommend buying a 4G signal booster without any hesitation. Enjoy better reception now, and the fantastic benefits it provides for personal use, or business. Read more about 5G and AT&T's 5G-E and learn everything else there's to know about 5G.
Share this post